Top 8 Best Nespresso Machine Today’s Market Has to Offer – Reviews and Buying Guide
For those of us who are into coffee, one thing is for sure: it is impossible to go for a day without coffee. Think of the time you spend each and every morning going to your favorite coffee shop. No forgetting the money you spend as well. Well, to some extent this is understandable since quality coffee is not all that easy to find. But, is this really true? Do you know that you can actually get coffee-shop quality coffee straight from your kitchen? This is possible if you get yourself a nespresso machine. For someone who is hearing this for the first time, it can get pretty confusing especially given the fact that there are over 60 brands of nespresso machines. So, how do you ensure that you get the best nespresso machine?
First things first, before reviewing the best Nespresso machine’s on the market today, it is crucial to first understand what this machine is all about and why you should actually consider purchasing it.
The benefits of having a nespresso machine at home
- It's easy to operate: for you to operate a nespresso machine you don’t require a degree in rocket science. There is no initial knowledge needed. The machine is easy to operate such that you won’t even need to refer to the manual. All you have to do is add water then place a nespresso capsule of your choice and press a few buttons. And here comes your favorite coffee.
- Little to no maintenance- the main reason why most people hold back whenever they think about purchasing a nespresso machine is when they think about maintenance. One would wonder, how do you maintain the machine? How often should it be? Is it going to cost me? Well, the truth is other than wiping the external of the machine or washing the milk frother, there no other maintenance needed.
- A wide variety of coffee options: the machine makes a wide variety of coffee. This ranges from the latter, cappuccinos and the traditional classic coffee
- It's convenient- if you have the machine in your kitchen this means that you can make quality coffee just anytime you, please. Whether it's for a hangover or kick-start your day. With a nespresso machine at home, you will save on a lot of time that you would have otherwise used to walk to a coffee shop.
- Saves money- let's face it: what's cheaper buying a coffee making machine or drinking at your favorite coffee shop every day? Unless you are too blind to see it, there is an outright winner in this. Purchasing a nespresso machine is cheaper in the long run unless you plan on quitting taking coffee.
Things that you should consider when purchasing a nespresso machine
All coffee making machines are not the say. They differ in a lot of things. For you to ensure that you purchase only the best nespresso machine then there are a few things you should consider before making the purchase.
Price just had to be in the list. This should not be the first thing you consider if you are looking for quality but at the same time, you should go for something that is beyond your budget. This guide will walk you through nespresso machines of all prices: whether cheap, average or expensive. It will be onto you to decide which one of them suits you given your budget and the specific features.
Coffee should always be served hot. For this reason, when preparing your favorite coffee using a nespresso machine you should allow it some time to heat up. Different machines differ when it comes to preheating time; there are those that take only 20 seconds to heat up the coffee whereas in others you have to wait for up to 50 minutes. The quality of the coffee is almost the same but; how long are you willing to wait for your coffee to be ready?
Preference for coffee
Everyone has his/her own preference when it comes to coffee. Before purchasing the machine you should ensure first find out the coffee varieties it can make. If you but it then later come to find out that you can’t make your favorite coffee, this will be a waste of time and money. Basically, there are two categories of these coffee making machines under the category of coffee preference that is: original line and vertuoline.
The original line is only capable of making express coffee. To those who express coffee is a new term to them it simply means latter, steam nozzles, and cappuccinos. One the other hand vertuoline nespresso machines can make just any kind of coffee including traditional coffee. There are however some machines under this line which lack a milk frother.
Different nespresso machines differ when it comes to the capacity of the water reservoir. There are those which can only hold 20 ounces whereas other can hold up to 50 or 60 ounces. If the capacity is high this means that you won’t have to add water every now and then.
Yes, size matters, in fact there has never been a time when size didn’t matter. In order to purchase a machine that will best suit your needs, you have to pay attention to size. How much room do you have in your kitchen? How big if your kitchen cabin? These are the questions that you should ask yourself if you are to purchase a nespresso machine that will fit in your kitchen.
The shape is also a crucial factor when buying a coffee maker. Nespresso machines that are round at the back tend to take up more space than those that have a flat back. The choice is yours!
Read more about best coffee maker with grinder
Are there machines that come with special features?
As I mentioned earlier, there are over 60 brands of these coffee making machines in the market today. Other brands will emerge in the future and it is this competition that has led creativity and some brands coming up with special features. They include:
- Milk frother: the truth is, not every nespresso machine will have a milk frother but those that do will give you an opportunity to make cappuccinos which is a darling to quite a number of coffee lovers.
- Storage: some machines are large enough to have room for storage of coffee cups. This is a special feature since nearly half of the nespresso machines in the market don’t have it.
- Power off automatic: some machines are programmed in such a way that if they stay unused for a given period of time they will switch off automatically.
Guideline on the best nespresso machine
Nespresso Vertuoline Coffee and Espresso Machine with Aeroccino by Breville
Nespresso Lattissima Plus Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, Black
Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus Single Serve Espresso Machine
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by De’ Longhi, Titanium
Nespresso GCA1-US-CH-NE Vertuoline Coffee & Espresso Maker, Chrome
Nespresso Citiz Original Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, White
To make it easier for you we have prepared a list of the best nespresso machines available in the market today. All you have to do is read through then choose wisely. Brace yourself!
1. Nespresso Vertuoline Coffee and Espresso Machine with Aeroccino by Breville
Nespresso Vertuoline Coffee and Espresso machine is definitely a darling for all coffee lovers. To begin with, you can make up to 12 varieties of freshly brewed coffee all with different aromas and 4 authentic espressos. How is this possible? When you purchase the machine, it comes with 12 nespresso vertuo capsules each having a unique aroma. The cup holder is easily adjustable and can fit in 3 different cup sizes with the large one having a capacity of 12 ounces. This nespresso machine also happens to use a new technology going by the name centrifusion extraction tech. When you insert the cup and close the level the capsule inside will rotate in speeds of up to 7000 revolutions per minute, the result is high-quality coffee that has been finely blended.
Unlike most other nespresso machines where you would have to change the setting if you want to make a different variety of coffee, with this machine this is achieved by just a press of a button. Everything is clearly labeled and you won’t even have to use the manual on this. Pre-heating time matters when it comes to a Nespresso machine and in this particular case, you only have to wait for 15-20 minutes. This is fast given the fact that in some machines you can wait up to 50 minutes.
2. Nespresso Lattissima Plus Original Espresso Machine with Milk Frother
This is the machine you should go buy if your preference is high-quality cappuccino and latte. Nespresso Lattissuma Plus original Espresso Machine makes quality espresso drinks through De’ Longis patent extraction system that uses 19 bars of pressure to ensure that the final product is uniformly blended. Basically, there are 2 coffee drinks and 3 milk drinks to choose from and they are all made through a single press of a button. Operating the machine is very easy even someone who knows nothing about electronics. When you buy the machine it comes with 16 unique nespresso pods. This means that you are ready to make your coffee immediately you get home. In others, it would be required of you to order the nespresso pods.
The milk frother is easily removed but the fact that you have to rinse it every time you are putting milk in it is rather boring and tiresome especially given the fact that the milk frother has a capacity for only a few ounces. Nespresso Lattissima Plus Original Espresso Machine has a mechanism that allows it to go off if it stays unused for a certain period of time. Human is to error and forgetting is part of our nature, this machine got you covered.
3. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
If you want a quality coffee machine that will just fit anywhere in your kitchen then you should consider purchasing the Nespresso Pixie Espresso maker. The machine has a compact design with its width being no more than 11 centimeters. This means that it can easily fit even in small kitchen shelves. That’s not all this classical has to off, other than being cheap it has easy insertion and ejection of the capsule system. It is also designed in such a way that it can easily fit large coffee glasses.
Unlike most espresso machines where you can only guess the remaining water levels, this machine has a notification LED system that notifies you everytime the levels go down. And, that will be very often given the fact that the machine’s water tank capacity is not one of its strengths. Ordering the machine is also very easy and you can do it at just any time of the day including weekends.
4. Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, Black
This coffee making machine is so compact that you can carry it around with you. This means that you can easily fit it just anywhere you wish. Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machines fits people of all categories including the category. It is heavily discounted and you can even end up paying less than $ 100 for the machine, other than that it is energy efficient consuming less than 1200 wats. It makes both espresso and lungo by the press of one button. It might lack a milk frother but compensates with consistency and efficiency. Ordering the machine online is very easy since they have 24 hrs customer services.
5. Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus Single Serve Espresso Machine
Quality and class don’t come cheap and this is exactly what Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus Single Serve Espresso Machine is all about. You will spend big but is totally worth each and every dollar you spend. To begin with, this machine is made from stainless steel barista that makes it easy to clean. Unlike most other nespresso machines, this particular one is a bit large but you can understand why. It has an integrated milk frother.
I doubt if there is any type of coffee that can’t be made by this machine. Even the complex ones like latte macchiatos, cappuccinos, and the fat white. As if that’s not enough the machine has 3 seconds pre-heating time, honestly that’s insanely fast.
6. Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine by De’ Longhi, Titanium
This is an all-round coffee making a machine that you should consider buying if you want to enjoy 12 coffee varieties and 4 authentic espresso drinks. The first that than one notices about Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine is the large water tank which has a capacity of up to 54 ounces. Compared to what other nespresso machines have to offer this is pretty large. The cup holder section can easily be adjusted to hold two different cup sizes. If you love your coffee in a bigger cup this coffee making machine got you covered.
It is energy efficient and has a programmed power save mode that you can activate just anytime and cut on your electricity bill. The machine is easy to use no prial electronic knowledge is needed. And, after brewing the capsules are automatically ejected.
7. Nespresso GCA1-US-CH-NE Vertuoline Coffee & Espresso Maker, Chrome
You would be surprised as to what good coffee can make you do. Walking to the coffee shop every morning but with Nespresso Vertuoline Coffee & Espresso Maker, at home, you can say no to trecking to the coffee shop. It has a good sized water tank of 40 ounces and can hold 12-20 used nespresso capsules. It has a fast heat up system and everything operates under the touch of a single button.
8. Nespresso Citiz Original Espresso Machine by De’Longhi, White
Ending up or list of the best nespresso machine is the Nespresso Citiz Original Espresso Machine. This all-time classical coffee making machine is the only one in this list with a manual nespresso capsule ejection and insertion. The water tank is 13 ounces and heats up coffee in only 15 seconds. But, you have to bare with the fact that it brews only one coffee cup at a time
Mistakes to avoid when using nespresso machines
Just like any other electronic, a nespresso machine also comes with its own set of instructions. There a few things that you should avoid which are:
- Avoid water contact on the power cable since this can lead to a short circuit.
- When preparing cappuccinos always ensure that the milk frother is clean.
- Never start brewing when no nespresso capsule has been inserted.
- Don’t start brewing if you are not sure of the water levels in the holding tank.
- If anything is damaged don’t try to fix it yourself, let the fixing be done by experts.
It is my hope that found this article useful and most importantly you are fully informed on the best nespresso machines. Please take a few minutes of your time and share this article with a friend or two enlightening them on the same.